“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the
service of others”
Youth Red Cross (YRC) Society is a voluntary humanitarian
organization having a network of over 700 branches throughout the
The seven fundamental principles of Youth
Red Cross (YRC) are
- Unity and Universality.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and
- Practise national integration and social
All the students are the members of this society. The
society focuses to promote life and health through training and
education on safety, primary health care and healthy living, to
encourage community service through training and education and
to promote technical support for the development of youth
programmes, fund-raising, identification of material and human
The YRC society of the College has the following objectives
- To inculcate an awareness especially in relation to
the care of their own health and that of others
- To understand and acceptance of civic and human
- To cultivation and maintenance of a spirit of service
and helpfulness to others
The programme is as possible include something under each of the
- Relief work during emergencies like fire,
flood and other natural calamities.
- Promotion of Health and Hygience.
- Practice of Health habits.
- Cleanliness of college premises, their
own places and outside.
- Preparation of health poster and mottos.
- Prepaganda on health and cleanliness in
Village, Slums & Towns by organising propaganda parties,
Processions, drams etc.,
- Co-operation with the State parent body
and other medical check-up camps at slums, villages and in
other need places.
- Co-operation with public, Health
Department in anti-epedimic measures, village sanitation
- Exhibition of film shows, cultural
programmes and prevention of diseases.
- Conduct Essay competition and award
- National Integration.
- World Friendliness.