NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
DESIGNATION: Assistant Professor (CSE) & NSS Co-ordinator.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are :
- 1. Understand the community in which they work
- 2. Understand themselves in relation to their community
- 3. Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- 4. Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- 5. Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- 6. Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- 7. Gain skills in mobilising community participation
- 8. Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- 9. Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- 10. Practise national integration and social harmony
Activities by NSS during the year 2016-2017
Activities by NSS during the year 2015-2016
Tirupattur , November 28: Cleanliness drives under ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ marked the celebrations of 145th birth anniversary of Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhiji Podhigai College of Engineering &Technology pledged to keep its Government Hospital Tirupattur clean, as a part of ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ initiative of the Government of India. The Principal, Prof Dr.P.Lawrence asked the, faculty, staff, and students present to take a pledge to keep the Government Hospital Tirupattur , its neighbourhood clean. Chairman and Secretary of the then initiated the cleaning campaign of the campus area with brooms and by removing the weeds. S.VANARASAN coordinated the programme.