Mission of the Library:
Our Mission is to improve the knowledge of the users by effectively utilizing the timely updated resources through the innovations of the Information Technology and to facilitate customer satisfaction through high quality service.
The library is housed in a spacious area of 690 sq.m., The library is open to students and staff members from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all working days. The library has a rich collection of Reference Section, Magazine Section and Stack Area. Presently there are more than 12,000 books and reference volumes stacked for the benefit of staff and students. There is an established media resource centre. Our library follows the open access system and is encouraging students to browse in the stack area.
The Library subscripted more than 100 National and International Periodicals like (1200 E-Journals) DELNET,IAEME.The Library also having education Audio Cassetters,CD Rom/S Back Volumes,Project thesis report etc.We are also a member of Delnet, (Developing library Netwok) IAEME .
A number of Text books are avaiable in reference section for competitive exam like GATE,Civil service exam,TOFEL,GRE,GMAT,Defence service exam.The Library is having books and periodicals related to communication skills Development aptitude Skills with Multimedia facilities,education Audio Cassetters CD Rom are also made avaiable in the Library
Constant addition of titles and volumes in all the fields of Engineering, Basic Science and Humanities is the regular feature of our library. Every effort has been made to obtain all titles recommended by the faculty.Newspapers, weekly and fortnightly magazines of repute are subscribed to enable the students to keep abreast of day-to-day trends.
• Meet the requirement of academic needs of UG/PG students of the Institution.
• To support and facilitate Learning, Teaching and Administration activities of the Institution.
• To make Library & Information System as user friendly as possible with the applications of ICT (Information and Communication Technology).
• To provide appropriate and comfortable ambience for the library users.
Collects requests for books, periodicals from the faculty, interacts and places orders with the selected suppliers, procures books and transfers them to the Technical Processing Section for classification, cataloguing, indexing and database entry.
Plays a key role in the functioning of the library. It bridges between acquisitions of documents and Circulation. The Technical Processing Section of PCET Central Library also plays a vital role to enable the smooth functioning of the library.
Plays a major role in the Library and Information System. PCET Central Library Circulation Section issues, renews and registers the return of books using software. Apart from this basic task, many other jobs like Membership registration, Issue of no-dues certificate, inter library loan collection of overdue fine, book reservation and answering queries are all being performed by this section.
Maintains a large collection of more than 75 journals and periodicals of only print versions. Ten dailies are subscribed in English, Tamil languages.
Periodical section has 75 Journals from various societies like
International Print Journals
1 Intl. Jnl. Of Computer Networking, Wireless & Mobile Communications
2 Intl. Jnl. Of Electronics, Communication & Instrumentation Engineering Research & Development
3 International Jnl. Of Advance VLSI Design
4 Global Journal of Networks & Applications
5 Global Journal of Computer and Internet Security
6 Global Journal of Wireless Communication & Simulation
7 Intl. Jnl. Of Power Electronics and Technology
8 International Jnl. Of Nanotechnology & Application
9 International Jnl. Of ELECTRICAL ENERGY SYSTEMS
10 Global Journal of Embedded System in Engineering Research
11 International Jnl. Of Electrical and Computer Engineering
12 International Jnl. Of Electrical Engg. And Embedded Systems
13 Intl. Jnl. Of Network and mobile technologies
14 Intl. Jnl. Of Applied Compouting
15 Intl. Jnl. Of Data Warehousing
16 International Journal of Computer Engineering
17 Int. J. of Bio information and soft computing
18 International J. of Advances in software Engineering
19 Intl. Jnl. Of Industrial Engineering & Technology
20 Intl. Jnl. Of Automobile Engineering Research & Development
21 Intl. Jnl. Of Advanced mechatronics and Robotics
22 Global Journal of Advanced Mechanical Engineering
23 International Journal of Fluid Mechanics
24 International Journal of Materials Science and Engineering
25 International JNL.of Information System Modeling & Design Technology
National Print Journals
1 Journal Electrical and Electronics Engineering
2 Journal Of Computer Sciece Engineering
3 Journal od Information Technology
4 Journal of Knowledge Management
5 Journal of Mechanical Engineering
6 Journal of Telecommunications
7 Inventi Impact :Software Engineering
8 Indian Journal of TraditionalKnowledge
9 Journal of Electronics Engineering
10 Journal of Communication Engineering and system
11 Journal of Embedded system
12 Journals of Wireless communication Networks
13 Journal on Digital signal Processing
14 Journal Cloud Computing
15 Journal Of Mobile Technology
16 Journal of Instrumentation & Control Engineering
17 Journal of power system Engineering
18 Journal of Circuit Systems
19 Journal of Image Processing
20 Journal of IEEEMA Journal
21 Manufacturing Technology Totay
22 Indian Foundry Journal
23 Journal of Industrial Automation
24 Journal of Mines,Metalsand Fuels
25 Journal of Energy,Heat and Mass Transfer
26 Bulletin of materials sciences
27 Journal of Chemical Sciences
28 Resonance- Journal of Science Education
29 Proceedings (Mathematical Sciences)
30 Pramana- Journal of Physics
31 Journal of Biosciences
32 Sadhana (Engineering Science)
33 Journal of Earth System Science
34 Journal of Genetics
35 Journal of Astrophysics & Astronomy
36 Current Science
Subscribes E-Journals, Hand Books, Monographs, Standards, Text books and Dictionaries from leading international
publications for the benefit of students and staff.
IESTC-InfoTrac Engineering Science & Technology Collection).
This section has 19,000 volumes and 7486 titles for home reading purpose. Books are arranged by subject wise using DDC (Dewey Decimal Classification) and by author name alphabetically for easy accessing. It saves the time of users.
The reference section of the library has rich collection of International editions of reference books, hand books,
conference proceedings, unique collections, GATE books, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Syllabus based text and reference books and various reference
documents.This section has more than 1200 volumes like highly valuable books,.
Back volumes of journals have been neatly bounded and categorized under their respective subjects for reference.
This Section has two automatic plain paper copiers and a duplicating machine through which the services of photocopy are provided to the readers with nominal charges Rs. 0.60 Per copy.
Library Books Collection
NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning
The more details on NPTEL can be accessed at http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Open Access E-Books
• http://www.techbook sforfree.com/science.shtml
• Directory of Open Access Journals (Covers over 2000 open access journals on all major subject areas) http://myownjournal.com/
• Electronic Library of Mathematics (by European Mathematical Society and Zentralblatt Math and Includes journals, monographs and lecture notes)
• DIGI Zeitschriften (Completely or partial on-line available magazines )
• Seals(Swiss Electronic Academic Library Services) Portals (Provides free online access to archives of Commentarii Mathematici Helvetici and LENSEIGNEMENT MATHATIQUE )
• Goettinger digitization center GDZ (Provides free online access to monographs, articles etc in mathematics )
• Numdam Website ( The NUMDAM programme is supported by the French ministry of higher education and research by CNRS. It attempts to retro-digitize the ancient mathematics documents published in France )
• The NASA Astrophysics Data System (The Digital Library for Physics, Astrophysics, and Instrumentation developed by NASA)
• HighWire Press (Standford University)
• CERN Document Server (Over 800,000 bibliographic records, including 360,000 fulltext documents, of interest to people working in particle physics and related areas. Covers preprints, articles, books, journals, photographs, and much more.)
• SPIRES - HEP Literature Database (Search more than 500,000 high-energy physics related articles, including journal papers, preprints, e-prints, technical reports, conference papers and theses, comprehensively indexed by the SLAC and DESY libraries since 1974.)
• Indian Academy of Sciences Publications
• Gallica - National Library of France (Please select Recherche and then Periodique from this web site to see the list journals including Royal Society of London's Journals available )
• Scirus - a science specific search engine
• Open J-Gate(Open J-Gate is an electronic gateway to global journal literature in open access domain.)
(IESTC) Info Trac Engineering science and Technology Collection
(IAEME) International Association for Engineering and Management Education
Web Address of Other Libraries - National
• Indian Institute of Technology – Madras: http://www.cenlib.iitm.ac.in/docs/library/index.php
• British Council Division, Chennai: http://www.britishcouncil.org/india-regional-chennai-2.htm
• Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai: http://www.imsc.res.in/library/Index.php
• Anna University, Chennai: http://www.annauniv.edu/Library/index.html
• All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE): http://www.aicte.ernet.in
• University Grants Commission (UGC): www.ugc.ac.in
• Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore: www.library.iisc.ernet.in
• University of Madras, Chennai: www.unom.ac.in
• Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai: www.sercm.org
• Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai: www.clri.org/LibraryMain.html
• Indian Institute of Management – Ahemedabad: www.iimahd.ernet.in/library
• Government of Tamilnadu: www.tn.gov.in
• Tamilnadu Public Service Commission: www.tnpsc.gov.in
Web Address of Other Libraries - International
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology: http://libraries.mit.edu
• Singapore National University: www.lib.nus.edu.sg
• California Institute of Technology: http://library.caltech.edu
• Purdue University: www.lib.purdue.edu
• Harvard University: http://hul.harvard.edu
• University of Cambridge: http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk
• Stanford University: http://library.stanford.edu
• Columbia University: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/lweb
• Oxford University: http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk
• Circulation Services
• Reference Services
• Digital Resources Access
• OPAC(online Public Access Catalogue)
• Books Reservation Services
• SDI(Selective dissemination Services)
• Internet Services
• Reprography Services
• CD Based Knowledge Service
• Current Awareness Service
• News paper Clipping
Digital library is implemented with 10 systems for accessing online journals with back volumes. It is networking with DELNET (Developing Library Network, New Delhi.) for resource sharing. There are 600 CDs, 100 VCDs and DVDs available as e-Books, e- Journals and e-Magazines. It also includes more than 25 audio-visual motivation e-books for improving communication skills.
Central Library enrolls the following types of members.
(ii) Students of PCET
Duration of Loan Period
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS
• Everyone should sign in the Gate register before entering Library.
• The Students, Staffs are allowed to use the Library.
• Reader’s personnel belonging like printed Books, Bags should be left out side.
• Mobile phone Should be switched off before entering the Library.
• Readers should not sleep inside the Library.
• Readers should maintain silent inside the Library.
• Library Card should not be exchanged.
• If any book is lost (or) Damage 0f books by the Borrower, replacing the same book or double the cost of the book with fine will be collected from the borrower.
• Book can be borrowed from the Library for the period of 14 days. In case the books are not returned within the due date, an over-due charge per day will be charged for library rules.
• Reference Books, Dictionary, Journals, Magazines, syllabus copy, Model Question Papers, News Papers will not be issued borrower. Only use for reference.
Podhigai College of Engineering & Technology