Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Podhigai College of Engineering & Technology, Tirupattur, was formed in 2009. Since its inception, the department has always been recognized all over the world for excellence in teaching. Global Excellence and Local Relevance in research, teaching, and technology development is the vision of the Department. Our faculty members aim at delivering top class education blending their rich research experience with classroom teaching.
The fundamental objective of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering of the Podhigai College of Engineering & Technology is to provide the opportunity for our students to develop a firm foundation in mathematics, science, and design methodology applied to the disciplines of Computer Science & Engineering. Our course covers all fundamentals, working and expert subjects that provides enough learning environment where students understand and are able to apply the most contemporary and essential tools needed in the breadth and depth of computer science & engineering.
Our course gives skills essential to practicing engineering professionals; it is also an objective to provide experience in leadership, management, planning, and organization we believe that student opportunities and experiences should lead to an appreciation of the holistic development of individual.
The need for professionals with a background of Computer Science & Engineering is always on the rise. Those with problem solving skills are the ones in demand. Professionals with these skills are sure to land up with successful careers in the years to come. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering will thus cater to the above needs by providing with theoretical and practical knowledge and with a goal to equip the students face the vast world of technology.
The department continues to lead the nation in terms of excellence in research and teaching in Computer Science and Engineering.
This Lab is designed to provide a comprehensive study of the C programming language. It stresses the strengths of C, which provide students with the means of writing efficient, maintainable, and portable code. The nature of C language is emphasized in the wide variety of examples and applications.. To learn and acquire art of computer programming.To know about some popular programming languages and how to choose2.Programming language for solving a problem.
Upon completion of the subject, students will be able to
1. Understand the basic terminology used in computer programming
2. Write, compile and debug programs in C language.
3.Use different data types in a computer program.
4. Design programs involving decision structures, loops and functions.
5. Explain the difference between call by value and call by reference.
6. Understand the dynamics of memory by the use of pointers.
7.Use different data structures and create/update basic data files.
The objective of this lab is to teach students various data structures and to explain them algorithms for performing various operations on these data structures. The course aims are:
- I.Demonstrate familiarity with major algorithms and data structures.
- II. Analyze performance of algorithms.
- III.Choose the appropriate data structure and algorithm design method for a specified application.
- IV. Determine which algorithm or data structure to use in different scenarios.
- V. Be familiar with writing recursive methods.
- 1. Implementation of two dimensional array operations.
- 2. Implementation of stack and queue using array.
- 3. Stack operations to perform the following: Converting infix expression into postfix expression, Evaluating the postfix expression
- 4. Implementation of single linked list.
- 5. Implementation of double linked list.
- 6. Implementation of binary tree.
- 7. Recursive and non recursive functions to perform the Linear search operation for a Key value in a given list of integers.
- 8. Recursive and non recursive functions to perform the Binary search operation for a Key value in a given list of integers.
- 9. Implement Bubble Sort, selection sort and insertion sort method to sort a given list of integers in descending order.
- 10. Implement Quick Sort method to sort a given list of integers in ascending order.
1. To educate students with fundamental concepts of Data Base Design, Data Models, Different Data Base Languages (SQL/Oracle).
2.To analyze Data Base design methodology, OLTP, OLAP and DB connectivity.
- 1. Brief knowledge about SQL Fundamentals.
- 2. Unary & Binary table operations.
- 3. Able to handle with different Data Base languages.
- 4. Table View, Log & Triggers.
- 5. Introduction to different Database packages(Oracle/ MySql/ DB2/ etc)
- 6. Commit & Rollback.
- 7. Handling online Transactions.
- 8. Database connectivity with front-end.
- 9. Embedded and Nested Queries.
- 10. Mini Database project.
- 1. Demonstrate the UML diagrams with ATM system descriptions.
- 2. Demonstrate the working of software testing tools with c language.
- 3. Study of testing tools- win runner, selenium etc.
- 4. Writing test cases for various applications.
Upon completion of the lab , students will be able to
- 1. The students understands the process to be followed in the software development life cycle
- 2. Find practical solutions to the problems
- 3. Solve specific problems alone or in teams
- 4. Manage a project from beginning to end
- 5. Work independently as well as in teams
- 6. Define, formulate and analyze a problem
This Lab will introduce the basic principles in Operating System. It will cover all the management modules present in the OS like process management, Memory management, File management, Disk management, Network management, I/O management.
- 1. Basic UNIX Commands.
- 2. Introduction to Shell Programming and control structure
- 3. Loop control Structure and formatted output.
- 4. Function and Command line argument.
- 5. Programs on process creation and synchronization.
- 6. Inter process communication including shared memory, pipes and messages.
- 1. This course is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to computer graphics leading to the ability to understand contemporary terminology, progress, issues, and trends.
- 2. The interdisciplinary nature of computer graphics is emphasized in the wide variety of examples and applications.
Upon completion of the subject, students will be able to
- 1.Students will demonstrate an understanding of contemporary graphics hardware.
- 2. Students will create interactive graphics applications in C++ using one or more graphics application programming interfaces.
- 3. Students will write program functions to implement graphics primitives.
- 4. Students will write programs that demonstrate geometrical transformations.
- 5. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the use of object hierarchy in graphics applications.
- 6. Students will write program functions to implement visibility detection.
- 7. Students will write programs that demonstrate computer graphics animation.
- 8. Students will write programs that demonstrate 2D image processing techniques.
Understand the basic concept of compiler design, and its different phases which will be helpful to construct new tools like LEX, YACC, etc.
- 1. Acquire knowledge in different phases and passes of Compiler, and specifying different types of tokens by lexical analyzer, and also able to use the Compiler tools like LEX, YACC, etc.
- 2. Parser and its types i.e. Top-down and Bottom-up parsers.
- 3. Construction of LL,SLR, CLR and LALR parse table.
- 4. Syntax directed translation, synthesized and inherited attributes.
- 5. Techniques for code optimization.
- 6. Different techniques of symbol table organization.
- 7. Code generation and its limitations.
- 8. Fundamentals of Run time environment.
- 9. Students will be able to design different types of compiler tools to meet the requirements of the realistic constraints of compilers.
- 10. Students will be able to excel himself/herself as a design engineer in any industries/R&D sector, pursue his research on the design field or face any competitive examinations in engineering.
1.Mr.A. Raj Ganesh participated in a 3 days workshop on Free Open Source Software FOSS Lab Faculty Development Program conducted by KCG college of Technology karapakkam, Chennai.
2.Mr.A.Raj Ganesh participated in 1 day workshop on NPTEL course material Faculty Development Program conducted by Priyadharshini Engineering College, Vaniyambadi.
3.Mrs.A.Priyadharshini have participated in 7 days Faculty Development Program on Grid and Cloud computing Lab conducted by Anand institute of Higher Technology, Chennai.